We suggest the following:
- Please turn off all exterior lights and close window coverings after dark.
- Avoid disturbing a turtle that is crawling to or from the ocean.
- Avoid shining lights on a sea turtle or snapping flash photos.
- Avoid other nighttime activities, such as bonfires, fireworks, etc. that might prevent sea turtles from coming ashore.
- If you are lucky enough to see a turtle; sit quietly in the dark, at a distance, to watch her nest.
- If you have the opportunity to see a hatch take place, please do not help the babies to the water. Baby sea turtles must get oriented to their future-nesting beach.