Hurricane Irma Update Information Provided by Franklin County Emergency Management
Franklin County Emergency Management is activated to a level 3 monitoring but will be activated to a Level 2 partial at 8:00 on 9/9/2017.
Hurricane Weather Update:
- Irma has weakened slightly but remains a strong CAT 4 hurricane. Forecast shifted slightly westward.
- Further Shifts westward in the track could have large changes in the current forecast
- According to the current track, Tropical Storm Force winds (39-73 mph) can be expected late Sunday night- early Monday Morning 9/11/2017.
- Rain Amounts of 2-4 inches across Southwest GA, Southwest AL, and western FL panhandle. Amounts of 4-6 inches include south-central GA and the eastern FL Big Bend
BE SURE TO MONITOR:
- @FranklinEOC on Facebook – Like Our Page for Updates
- Alert Franklin – Sign up at www.franklinemergencymanagement.com
- Local Radio and TV Stations
- WeatherStem- download app on phone or www.weatherstem.com
- Time: 9:30-11:30 am and 1:00- 3:30 pm
- Location: EOC 28 Airport Rd Apalachicola
- Eastpoint- Vroom Park- 24 6th St Eastpoint
- SGI Fire Station – just has bags
- Apalachicola – EOC- 28 Airport Rd 9:30-4:00 pm
- St George Island – Buccaneer Inn- 10:00 -2:00 pm
- Bring your drivers license with your Franklin County Physical Address. A power, cable or water bill or anything stating you live at that residence.
- All Franklin County Schools are Closed Friday 9/8/2017 and Monday 9/11/2017
- The City of Apalachicola Offices will be Closed Monday 9/11/2017
Fickling Vacation Rentals
112 Franklin Boulevard | St. George Island, FL 32328 | ph: 850.927.2218 toll free: 877.927.2218 fax: 850.927.2242